Updated, January 21, 2020
WHAT TO DO IF YOUR PET IS MISSING IN ROSWELL:
Many people don't realize that Roswell Humane Society and Roswell Animal Services are two separate entities. Part of this confusion probably stems from the fact that our kennels are next door to each other.
If your pet is missing, please take ALL of the following steps to find your pet.
1. Check with your neighbors. Perhaps one of them saw what direction your animal headed, or perhaps they are even sheltering it for you.
2. Call Roswell Humane Society kennel at 622-8950 and the Roswell Animal Services at 624-6722. Please be sure to visit both shelters, as your description of your pet may differ from ours. It's better to be safe than sorry. Also, ask Roswell Animal Services if any injured animals fitting that description have been brought in. So, please check in person, and as often as possible.
3. Place an ad in the Roswell Daily Record in the lost and founds. You can also place an ad in the Shopper.
4. Check with local veterinary offices to see if your pet was brought in injured or someone was also checking area vets, trying to find the owner.
5. Check with local groomers, especially if your pet has been freshly groomed.
6. Place flyers, especially with a picture all around your neighborhood, placing them in all directions for several blocks. Also, ask to place them at some local businesses. If someone is sheltering your pet, they eventually HAVE to go to the store!
Good luck in finding your pet.
The reason for a collar is a TAG!
95% of pets wearing TAGS return home.
95% of pets NOT wearing tags--don't.
Talk to your vet about micro-chipping your pet, as another means of identification, but it will only do any good, if the microchip is registered with your current contact information!!!